Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Change the life of a child...and you change the world

Often times, people ask me why I want to be a teacher. I want to change the world. I want to encourage students to dream, dream, dream! I want to inspire students to follow their dreams and engrain into them that they can do anything they want to do. I want to make my classroom different than anything that has ever been done before. I want to stand out so every day my students can tell themselves, "Mrs. Reynolds believes in me, and so I can believe in myself." If you change the life of a child, you can change the world.

The following video is about a man who changed the life of many students. WARNING! This video may make you cry... it was all I could do not to cry in class. I came home, watched it, and cried some more!



In my OWN way, like him, I want to inspire and change lives. I will continue to work on my teaching style and goals to do so.




2 comments:

  1. I almost cried in class too! haha. Darn those cute kids. And that teacher. :) Brittany, you're totally going to change the world. Just so you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you can, as Leah said, change the world! I'm so glad Mr. B's story inspired you... to know that it's possible, and that you can do it! (3 pts.)

    ReplyDelete