Friday, October 25, 2013

Teaching, no Greater Call

I know this post doesn't deal directly with differentiation in the classroom, but I feel it necessary to share. Tonight I went to the Imagine Dragons concert with some of my family. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert, some thoughts kept crossing my mind. This young band is living their dream. They have worked so hard to get to where they are today, but they wouldn't be where they are without one person; The first person to believe in them. These rock stars were once young children, sitting in classrooms, with their life and dreams ahead of them. They dreamed of nothing more but to sing to an arena of screaming fans. They must have learned at a young age, that hard work reaps rewards. Our students are the future society. As teachers, we may be the only person who believes in our students and encourages them to pursue their dream. Be the one. Teach them the power or hard work. Instill in each one of them the capability of hard work and confidence in their efforts to dream, and I never, ever give up. I'm rambling a little bit, but those are my thoughts for the night.

3 comments:

  1. I love this Brittany, you're a wonderful writer and fantastic at giving the imagery we need to remember WHY we are going to be teachers. Thank you for your insights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts... I'm just hoping I will find some connections to the texbook... particularly the last couple of chapters... (3 pts.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. forget what I just said! I'm reading your posts backwards... you've done it.

    ReplyDelete