Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Teaching is Collaboration!

I spent the afternoon reading a few blogs that my fellow classmates have created. I would like to discuss a few of them. I loved how Leah Lott referenced the baseball analogy that was in Chapter 1 of the reading. I also loved that, and referenced it here. Talent is what you have, effort is what you give." If more teachers instilled this into their students- that learning takes effort- that would be awesome.

I LOVED Brooke's idea about being a "post-it" note teacher. We want to really be able to say we REALLY know our kids- but with 30+ students, it is really easy to forget or mix things up. Posting yourself a note about the students you observe is a great idea to track your thoughts, so you can record them on a later date.

Teaching is collaborating- it just is. There isn't a teacher out there who doesn't collaborate in one way or another. Reading each others blogs is a form of collaboration. We are able to use their ideas to benefit our classroom and meet the needs of our students. It isn't a competition about who is the best teacher-- it is ALL about the best interest of the students.

1 comment:

  1. It IS all about the best interest of the students... and about feeling like you HAVE the best students... which I DO! 3 pts.

    ReplyDelete